- We are planning to work mostly in the countryside this year. We will help four churches. Our daughters are very involved inthis task.
- Anita is working very hard with ladies and children
- Joselito is teaching, preaching, and writing.
- Joselito preached at the last Sunday service (Dec. 31/07) of the Baptist Church in Puerto Lopez, and Anita helped in their Sunday School class. We shared Bible materials with them.
- Joselito preached the first sermon of 2007 at Candelaria Baptist Church.
- We had the first intensive meeting of our School of Ministry (www.bibletraining.org) at our home church (Jan 22-26). Joselito taught pastoral ethics and Anita taught Christian Education.
- Joselito went to Guayaquil, for a meeting with the seminary national council and a meeting with national Baptist young people.
- We are the hosting the Latin-American Baptist youth congress in October 2007.
- We are using the materials of The Bible League with our churches in the countryside (Candelaria for example). These materials are verybiblical, and easy to use.
- The president of the WorldBaptist Alliance ( www.wbanet.org), Dr. David Coffey visited Ecuador and Joselito was his driver in Quito. We had a few business meetings, church service, and nice fellowship. Before his visit to Quito, he went to Puerto Lopez, and visited our little Baptist Church there. He was very enthusiastic about this work!
- Joselito was invited by the Spanish Baptist Publishing House (www.casabautista.org ) to write the commentary on Mark's Gospel and other books. He's very excited about this, and he's going do it!
- Also you can see news about through the website for the ministry New Beginning Resources www.nbri.net They are helping to support our ministryin Ecuador.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS
- We need to get a new laptop & projector. This is veryimportant in our education ministry, also for evangelism in rural areas (project films).
- Pray for a new church in the countryside that we hope to help this year (140 Km from Quito).
- Pray for our economic support. Right now it is very low, and we have many debts to pay. Thisis an urgent request; don't forget to pray for us.
With love in Christ: Joselito & Anita Orellana. (Galatians 2:20).