Our daughters are enjoying their summer vacation that runs from July until September. Anita went to Guayaquil for three weeks to stay with her mother who is very sick in the hospital. Her medical prognosis is very bad, but we are continuing to pray to our God who is able to heal.
- The senior pastor of our home church resigned, so Joselito is taking on a lot of his work (preaching, meetings, counseling, conferences, etc). Joselito preached two sermons in our home church this month. He focused on the biblical foundation of stewardship. Joselito also taught the monthly conference for the couples in our home church.
- We are working very hard (as a ministry board) to complete the new legal documents for the government as their requests are changing rapidly.
- We had a special graduation ceremony for our School of Ministry in Tambo-Cañar (an indigenous province). Five indigenous students graduated. During the same week as the graduation, Joselito taught the next intensive course in that program, focusing on church administration.
- We are continuing to teach Bible study every Thursday at our new Baptist mission. We also hold a Bible club for children each Saturday. The mission is growing marvelously!
- We finished our ministry with Candelaria Baptist Church this month, as we need to concentrate on our many other ministries.
- Joselito was invited by the Spanish Baptist Publishing House (based in Texas in the USA) to write the commentary of Matthew and Luke in the New Study Bible-Hispanic World. He has begun working on this task and needs to be finished by September. Pray for this wonderful task and opportunity.
- We attended an extraordinary national meeting of the Ecuadorian Baptist Convention. The purpose was to complete many legal documents in front of the Ecuadorian Government. Pray for our country, because the legal request for churches, seminaries, and other Christian organizations are changing very quickly.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- For Anita mother who is very sick. She has cerebral cancer .
- Joselito needs to have some dental work completed. Pray for money for that.
- Please continue praying for our budget and help us find new donors.
- Pray for Joselito’s new work with the Spanish Baptist Publishing House.
With love in Christ, Joselito & Anita Orellana (Galatians 2:20)
If you want to support us financially, please contact our Financial Manager: Bill Quesenberry, at email@example.com Phone, 305-6650903 Fax, 305- 6650859. Postal address: 1315 Campo Sano Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33146-1165