Anita graduated on May 8. She now holds a Master in Christian Counseling, which we pray will be a wonderful tool for the Kingdom of God. We are all doing well. Genesis is doing much better as she continues dental treatment. We are very excited as we have had 5100 visitors to our blog. Praise the Lord Jesus for this! We have received messages from countries around of the world encouraging us and asking for permission to use Joselito’s documents available for download on the blog (sermons, conferences, courses, etc…).
- Joselito preached three sermons in our home church this month focusing on stewardship. He also taught on the biblical role of fathers to the parents in our home church.
- Anita taught her monthly class to the couples in our church, focusing on developing Christian character and discipline.
- We are teaching through the New Testament at the Baptist Mission each Thursday evening. We are utilizing the audio of the New Testament in both Quichua and Spanish to reach as many people as possible.
- We had several significant meetings with the Board of our home church as we are in the process of adopting a new, more biblical, ecclesiological structure. Joselito is working very hard to steward and shepherd this process.
- We held an intensive theological training course for the School of Ministry, this time held in Tambo-Cañar province. Thirty indigenous leaders attended the Survey of the New Testament class that Joselito taught. The class concluded with the whole group participating in a mission trip to the indigenous community of Santa Isabel.
- After the class concluded, Joselito went to Guayaquil for meetings with the Board of the Baptist Seminary.
- We met with the leaders of Global Outreach International to get to know the work and ministry of this organization.
- Joselito taught two missions conferences on growing and planting churches at Candelaria Baptist Church. He has also continued teaching Survey of the Bible each Wednesday.
- We went to Santo Domingo (90 miles from Quito) to teach a for the Regional Baptist Association. Anita taught on biblical sexuality and Joselito spoke on Hermeneutics, Homiletics, and Pastoral topics.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- For Michelle because she needs a very extensive dental treatment that will be very expensive
- Scholarship for the Doctor of Ministry Program for Joselito. We urgently need $2500 for this program.
- Please continue praying for our budget and help us to find new donors. We are suffering with some crucial needs!
- For property for the building for the new Baptist church that we are growing in Calderon, north of Quito.
With love in Christ, Joselito & Anita Orellana (Galatians 2:20)
If you want to support us financially, please contact our Financial Manager: Bill Quesenberry, at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone, 305-6650903 Fax, 305- 6650859. Postal address: 1315 Campo Sano Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33146-1165