Praise to the Lord, Anita presented her Final Project for her Master’s Degree in Family Christian Therapy. The graduation ceremony will be held on May 8. Genesis, our oldest biological daughter, had her eleventh birthday on March 21. She is growing marvelously in the grace of our Lord Jesus. We constantly praise the Lord for her. Our nephew Andrew stayed with us during his break from school. He lives with my sister Ligia in Santo Domingo, 95 miles from Quito.
- Joselito continues working very hard on the new structure of University Baptist Church. He leads the pastoral board in and just held a special retreat for this group.
- Joselito taught an intension course in Tambo, an indigenous city 250 miles from Quito. This was the second course this year for the School of Ministry. The course was on Bibliology and 35 students attended.
- Joselito is preaching in our home church on the topic of the Passion, Mission and Vision of the Biblical Church.
- We received a group from our supporting church in Louisville, KY at the end of March. We will share about this group and ministry in our next letter.
- Joselito has a special meeting with members of the International Mission Board (SBC-USA) to talk about some projects for us to work together. For example, they are talking about special and intensive programs for pastoral training to the pastors and leaders in all our country.
- This month Joselito taught an intensive course on Systematic Theology at the Latin-American Christian University.
- Joselito taught a special conference to independent Baptist youth on Toward Baptist Identity.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- Praise to the Lord for the new Baptist church that we are opening in an indigenous community. We average 25 people every Thursday.
- Praise to the Lord, because we have the opportunity to print my book, Toward a Baptist Identity, this year in Ecuador.
- Continue praying for our ministry funds as we are helping to the poor people in many ways, including local missionaries in the countryside.
With love in Christ, Joselito & Anita Orellana (Galatians 2:20)