Special greetings in this new year! We had a special time together at the end of the 2008. We set new goals and dreamed for the future. Don't forget to pray for our financial support because it's very low right now.
- We had a special celebration for the 15th birthday of a sweet girl who is part of Candelaria Baptist Church. Joselito preached at the service and guided the party.
- Joselito also preached for a deacons conference at our home church (University Baptist Church). He also preached two sermons on Ephesians in the Sunday services.
- We are providing pastoral counseling to a few Christian's families.
- We had the first intensive course in Tambo-Cañar (an indigenous province) of the School of Ministry. Joselito taught a course on Missiology (eight hours each day for one week) to thirty five students from the rural areas.
- We had a special meeting with the board of the Ecuadorian Baptist Theological Seminary at Chacauco Baptist Camp. The meeting was in Patate, 130 miles from Quito. We discussed the possibility of reopening the intensive program of the EBTS at Chacauco Baptist Camp. We also discussed the option of joining with the Pacific Baptist University there. Please pray for this as it is a big long term goal of many Ecuadorian Baptists.
- Joselito is now the assistant to the Pastoral Council of the Baptist Association in Quito. He is training the council in ethical issues.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- Pray for Anita as she prepares for graduation from her Master's Degree program
- Continue praying for our budget! We are looking at other options of economic support
- We also need special funds to print our own books and for other ministry funds