Special Christmas greetings to you. Our prayer is that in the New Year you can enjoy the complete grace of our Lord Jesus every day. Anita visited her father in Guayaquil for a few days because he is very sick. We had a few Christmas parties during this month, especially at our daughters' school and our various churches.We want to say thanks so much for your love and care for us, during 2008. It has been a wonderful experience of God's grace to serve together to our Lord and Savior Jesus. Thanks forever!
- We have discovered that the website, www.fcbh.org has the NIV version of the New Testament in Spanish and Quichua. It's a very helpful tool for Bible study with illiterate people. Praise the Lord for that!
- We have planning meetings at Candelaria Baptist Church every Tuesday. We are charting their structure and strategic profile (vision, mission, budget, organizational chart, rules, etc.) for the next five years.
- Joselito led a special conference for deacons in our home church (University Baptist Church)
- We are counseling a few Christian couples.
- We had the annual meeting of our home church, University Baptist Church, and the people told us that our continued help was their greatest need. So Joselito will continue as associate pastor and Anita will continue as the women's ministry leader.
- We are participating in missions study by a US-based academic institution www.pacnet4mission.org with other seminaries in Ecuador.
- We had a special meeting with Steve Thompson, missionary with Global Outreach, to discuss the possibility of reopening the intensive program of the Ecuadorian Baptist Theological Seminary at Chacauco Baptist Camp. In the future, we also want to start Pacific Baptist University at that location. Pray for this significant dream that is held among Ecuadorian Baptists.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- Pray for Anita and her master's degree.
- Don't forget to continue praying for our budget! We are looking other opportunities for economic support. We are losing donors due to the economic crisis.
- We need special funds to print our own books and funds for other ministry expenses.
With love in Christ, Joselito & Anita Orellana (Galatians 2:20)