Our daughters started the school year this month. We are very excited because Bethlehem started school for the first time. She is very interested but it's a little sad for us to see her beginning school. We would like to take the family to the Galapagos Islands to learn more about this marvelous place. However, it's very expensive, so we are looking for funds for that.
- Joselito preached in our home church (University Baptist Church) twice this month. He preached on: the biblical understanding on the Great Commission and on the process of evangelization.
- We held another intensive course. The class met for five days, 8 hours per day for our School of Ministry. This time we met in Ducur, Cañar province (430 miles from Quito). Joselito taught Christian Ethics (A Study on the Ten Commandments). We had 50 indigenous students. Joselito also preached in evangelistic services each night.
- We began weekly services in the new Baptist church. We are praying for a regular place to meet and for a future chapel.
- We are counseling a few young Christian couples in serious family crises. Please pray for us to have wisdom and understanding.
- We had a special meeting with the mission team from Candelaria Baptist Church that we are leading. We will be helping with the new Baptist church in Calderon.
- Joselito is teaching an exposition of the book of Titus in Sunday School and preaching through the book in the Sunday service as well.
- We had a special retreat with our faculty from The Baptist Seminary in Quito. The purpose was to enjoy fellowship and to have special meetings before classes begin in October.
- Joselito is hoping to print his book, Toward a Baptist Identity in Quito, but I need funds to do so.
- Pray for this, please, because I want to have this book ready for the annual meeting of the Ecuadorian Baptist Convention that will be held on November 1-3.
- For a special place to build the Chapel for the new mission in Calderon
- For our budget, we need to grow our economic support very quickly. It's very low.
- Joselito needs to publish his books. Please pray for the funds to do that please as it is very expensive in my country.
- Pray for the special trip to Galapagos and for the finances for that.
- Pray for more donors and partners for us, please.
With love in Christ, Joselito & Anita Orellana (Galatians 2:20)