We are fine in the grace of our Lord Jesus. We have been sick, but are feeling much better now. Our daughters are on summer vacation from June 25 until August 25. They are very excited for the time off to play and have adventures. Please pray for us and our monthly budget.
- This month we hosted a family from the USA who came as short term missionaries for three weeks. They are students at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kentucky. They have six children; three girls and three boys; aged 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1. They came to serve with us in our ministry for three weeks. It was a great experience for us for to share our family, ministry, language, country, and ministry with them.
- We had many different ministry opportunities while they were here for the mission trip. For example, we visited a few Christian camps, shared personal testimonies, met with representatives from many missions agencies, conducted bible studies & seminary classes, preached at Candelaria Baptist Church and evangelistic services; visited an orphanage, and taught in a Back Yard Bible Club. We also had the opportunity to visit a few famous Ecuadorian places, such as: Chacauco- Patate, Latacunga, Otavalo, Cotacachi, Cuicocha, Colonial Quito, Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world), Teleferico in Quito, Pululahua Volcano, Tungurahua Volcano, Pichincha Volcano, and many others.
- We have continue with our ministry at the indigenous church, Candelaria Baptist Church. We teach Bible studies every Wednesday, lead special conferences, and Joselito often preaches. We are also going to help with a new Baptist church plant in our neighborhood. Please pray for these efforts.
- We helping with the reopening of the Baptist Seminary in Quito. We are updating the curriculum and other aspects of the program.
- As President of Palm Ministries in Ecuador, Joselito is helping with the administration of the local Palm Ministries office. It is not easy to add this responsibility to all he is doing, but he needs to help his fellow missionaries and brothers & sisters in Christ.
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS & NEEDS
- Pray for Anita. She is completing the requirements for her master's degree.
- Pray for Joselito's new books. We need quite a bit of money to print some books for indigenous pastors in our own country.
- We really need some time to rest and are looking for a way to take a vacation. Pray for the necessary funds for that, please.
- Pray for our next mission group that is coming from the USA in July.