Our daughters started back to school this month. Also, Galilee and Bethlehem celebrated birthdays. Galilee turned 7 on September 28 and Bethlehem turned 3 on September 30. Anita began her studies in Pastoral Counseling. She is very excited, but also very tired. Our niece Michelle is now studying in the same school with our daughters. She is feeling so good, and we are very excited for this wonderful experience of the Lord's grace.
- Joselito shared the first Family Ministry conference in our home church (UBC). The topic was Marriage Communication . Fifty percent of those attending were unbelievers in Christ, and they were very broken by the Word of God. The people asked for another conference to follow this one held in our home church.
- We began a special conference program in Candelaria Baptist Church about how to be healthy Christian families. We are teaching the conferences every Wednesday for three hours over the next eight months.
- We had a special service in Guayaquil to recognize those who have served in the Latin American Congress of young Baptists. Joselito was the national counselor and preached a special sermon of encouragement. Also during this time we had a few meetings about the ministry of our Baptist Seminary. Joselito will resign from this responsibility within the next year.
- The next meeting for the School of Ministry was on the Kingdom of God in Cañar province. It was a Mission's week. Joselito went to visit four indigenous churches and communities: Caguana Pamba, Ingapirca, Ducur y Arriendo. It was a wonderful experience. He taught and preached every day for five days (ten hours per day). Every afternoon our students helped with special teaching for Sunday school teachers, taught husbands and wives, performed with puppets, and taught children and youth. We also had a special service each night. Praise the Lord for this time in our ministry!
- Joselito preached in our home church about biblical keys to keep anxiety under control.
- We went to visit the New Life Baptist Church and to encourage our brother in Christ who is serving there. We both helped; Joselito worked with the music and Anita taught
- Joselito is helping at our home church with the special Family Ministry conferences and is preaching.
- We went to Alluriquin for the election of the new constitution in our country. Pray for that, as it is the most important election during the last twenty years.
- Thanks giving for the opportune provision of our Lord Jesus.
- Please continue praying for our monthly budget, we need to get more donors.
- For direction from God about His specific will for us. We have many good things in our hands, but we want the specific ministries He has for us.