The girls were on vacation this month. We enjoyed the family time together. We were able to get medical check-ups for our daughters and Anita. They are fine, but Genesis needs glasses now because she has an astigmatism like me. She also needs some dental work. Anita also had her check-up and is doing very well as is Galilee. Bethlehem was a sick for a while while but is better now. I will visit the doctor next month for my check-up.
- We had another session for our School of Ministry. We shared shared Pastoral Counseling and then attended the National Congress in Theology.
- I shared in conferences at the National Theological Congress of the Ecuadorian Baptist Convention. I spoke on the Theological Principles of the Baptists and Their Mission. I also helped with the music and board discussions. The meeting was for three days in La Merced, a Baptist Camp 30 miles from Quito.
- We went to Alluriquin (90 miles from Quito) to visit our family. We were also able to visit our little baptist church there and The New Life Baptist Church in Toachi. We participated in four baptisms and celebrated the 90th birthday of my father, Joaquin.
- I preached the last Sunday of August in our home church (UBC), about the Church and Witness, being the Community of Jesus (Hb. 12:1-3)
- I was invited by International Mission Board/SBC missionaries to go to San Lorenzo (in Esmeraldas province, 200 miles from Quito). I helped at ten refugee camps that are there because of the war in Colombia.
- We attended a week long conference about Ephesians with a pastor from First Baptist Church of NY (Vincent Sawyer) It was a good experience to grow in our knowledge of Ephesians. We also received a visit from Dr. John Nicholls, a teacher of Oklahoma Baptist University, who shared about Baptist History.
- Anita will be attending a special conference on ministry to teenagers. This is very important for her studies and work.
- Thanks giving to our Lord Jesus, because a brother in Christ from USA gave us money to buy the projector for our educative ministry; and also for the scholarship for Anita. Praise the Lord.
- Please continue praying for our monthly finances, we need to get more donors