- Anita went to Manabi to visit her family for three days in Puerto Lopez. She was able to encourage her mother and brother since her mother is a little sick and needs emotional support now. We also want to support a new church in Puerto Lopez. Right now, there are ten members and their leader.
- Genesis celebrated her eighth birthday on March 21st. We are very proud of her and her spiritual growth. She wants to express her faith through baptism, probably this year. Pray for this, because it is very important for us and for the Kingdom of God here on the earth.
- Joselito is thinking (and praying) about starting a doctoral program. He has three opportunities: Vision International University (Th.D.); Logos Christian University (D.Min.) and Oviedo University from Spain (Ph.D. in superior education). Each of these programs are in Ecuador. After much prayer, he has decided that the better option (academic emphasis and budget) is Vision’s program. Pray for him, for his choice, and for the economic support for this purpose.
- Our daughters are doing well. Galilee is fine, growing in the grace of the Lord. She enjoys painting all the time. Bethlehem is learning new words, and singing and jumping on her little rocking horse. Thanks to Ralph and Kathy Kurtenbach for this special gift for her.
CHURCHES & UNIVERSITY BAPTIST CHURCH (Home Church)
- My wife Anita and I went to Pifo (30 miles from Quito) to visit our church's High School, to plan the activities for the next missionary work team, and to search for guest houses for them there.
- Joselito preached at UBC about “The Servant’s Profile” (Ecclesiastes. 5:1-7). We had a special ceremony for the new leaders in our home church.
- We are preparing a special program for Holy Week. Joselito wrote the script for this presentation (The Seven Words, and One More). It will be a nice opportunity to share the Message of the Cross and the Power of the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus.
ECUADORIAN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY & EBC
I’m very excited for Guayaquil, but I’m very sad for Quito. Quito has had many problems with their goal to reopen the Seminary. However, our Dean of the Guayaquil Center told me they will start the next semester in April with 80 students. Praise the Lord for this special blessing. Pray for our Field Board there.
PALM MISSIONARY MINISTRIES-Ecuador
- Remember in your prayers my boss Art Patray (Major President of PMM Inc) and his wife Barbara. She has cancer and is awaiting her encounter with our Sweet Lord and Saviour.
- Also, don’t forget to pray for Bill Quesemberry, our Administrator. He is a wonderful partner for us, and he does an excellent job.
- Finally, please pray for our Ecuador Board, we need much wisdom for making many decisions.
We finished the semester in the Christian University. The next course that Joselito will be teaching is New Testament III (Exegesis on Revelation). Also Joselito is reading other graduation projects.
- For Joselito and his doctoral program with Vision International University.
- Please continue praying for Joselito’s Commentary on Luke. I got an extension of time until September.
- For the next missionary group from the USA in April (evangelization, pastoral training, discipleship). We will go to Pifo, where our church has a high school, and where we also want to open a new mission.