- Anita worked very hard this month and our daughters were a big help to us in our ministry.
- Genesis celebrated her birthday party a little late because we were very busy the last month. It was a nice experience to share this event as a family.
- Joselito celebrated his birthday on April 7. He received a special gift (Christian books) from our Church in Louisville Kentucky (Sunday School Class).
CHURCHES & UNIVERSITY BAPTIST CHURCH (Ecuador Home Church)
- We went to work in our High School in Pifo with a work team from our Baptist Church in Louisville. It was a nice opportunity to share the Gospel with our teachers, students and community there. Joselito preached and shared a special conference for the teachers about "Bible Pedagogy." Anita worked with Bible Club for children.
- We have had a problem with our chaplain there because his work and attitude have not reflected the spirit of the Lord. We need to hire a new person who is a real servant for this important job and ministry. Please pray for this.
- Joselito preached at UBC, about "The Seven Words, and One More." We showed a couple of wonderful dramas on Good Friday --"The Footprint of Calvary" and "My Resurrection with Christ" (1 Peter 1:3-9). Also, Joselito preached an evangelistic campaign at Candelaria Baptist Church about the "The Profile of Christian Parents." In total he preached seven sermons in three days and various places (including Pifo). It was very hard, but very exciting... praise the Lord!
- Joselito went to Puerto Lopez (11 hours of bus trips) to visit the Christian group there and to prepare all the logistics for the next group from the USA in June. Also, he preached in their service. It was a beautiful experience to share with them and to encourage them in the big goal--to open a new Baptist church there.
- We had the intensive week in UBC (eight hours each day) of Bible Training for Pastors. Joselito taught "Survey of Bible Doctrine" and Anita taught "Methods and Principles of Christian Teaching." Fifteen students attended from various places: Guayaquil, Cañar, Pedro Vicente Maldonado, Puerto Lopez, Mindo, and Quito.
- Last Sunday, Joselito preached in UBC on Revelation 4: "The glorious future of believers in Christ." As a church, we need to grow in our commitment to the Great Commission.
PALM MISSIONARY MINISTRIES-Ecuador
We are changing medical insurance providers one more time. This private service is very expensive but the social security medicine from our government is very bad. It's very sad, but true.
This month was so busy. But we are very glad for many opportunities to serve our Lord Jesus Christ. In May, I'm going to put emphasis in my book on Luke. Please pray for this. I will probably have to leave the house for the writing because is not possible to write quietly there.
- For our home church in Ecuador and their plans for Christian missions.
- For the next missionary group from the USA in June (evangelization, pastoral training, discipleship). We will go to Puerto Lopez (on the beach of Manabi Province). There is a small group of Baptist believers there, and we have decided as missionaries, to support the establishing of a new Baptist Church at this beautiful place.
- For our economic support, which is still very low. And, we have other urgent needs now also.